God’s Pattern for Revival and Awakening
Claude V. King
God’s Word for Today
Read 2 Chronicles 7:13-14
Thoughts for Today
The diagram above and the phases described below illustrate the connection between revival and spiritual awakening. When God disciplines us and we repent and return to Him, He revives us. He then can work through us to draw others to faith in Jesus.
- Phase 1: God is on mission to redeem a lost world. God calls His people into a relationship with Himself and He accomplishes His work through them.
- Phase 2: God’s people tend to depart from Him, turning to substitutes for His presence, purposes, and ways.
- Phase 3: God disciplines His people out of His love for them.
- Phase 4: God’s people cry out to Him for help.
- Phase 5: God calls His people to repent and return to Him or perish.
- Phase 6: God revives His repentant people by restoring them to a right relationship with Himself.
- Phase 7: God exalts His Son Jesus in His people and draws the lost to saving faith in Him.
It’s Time to Pray
- Ask God to reveal where you are and where your church is in this pattern. Have you departed? Are you being disciplined? Are you crying out for help? Do you need to repent and return to Him? Are you ready to be used by God to draw others to new life in Christ?
- Ask God what He wants you to do today to apply what He has revealed. What actions will you take to be of maximum usefulness to His kingdom?
Pray at some wide open space or a vista point. Ask God to open your eyes to the world you can’t see in the natural, to eternity. Ask God to free you and your prayer life from narrow concerns. Pray for peace in and over your city!
Pray for an Unreached People Group: Yawo of Malawi
A full Bible in Ciyawo was completed and published in late 2014. Two other translation efforts are ongoing. Pray for the Scriptures to be accepted by the majority Yawo Muslims as well as other forms of Scriptures (such as audio Bibles, etc.).